Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Democrats

I'm just about ready to leave the Democratic Party and just say Fuck it! They refuse to maintain the rule of law, uphold the Constitution or represent their constituencies. I had already stopped giving money to the Party committees and only gave to candidates. And yes, I still support the candidates to whom I've given money. But I'm nearly done.

If the super delegates override the will of the voters as shown in the primaries and caucuses, the thin line keeping me on board will have snapped. FISA was such a no brainer, but no - Senator Reid couldn't even bring the right bill to the floor. How hard was that?

So, the President breaks the law and convinces corporations to help him and what does the Senate do? The Senate gives the corporations a "get out of jail free" card. And will the House be able to stand against this? Of course, not. This Congress was worst than the Republican Congresses that went before it. They made the promise that they would do things differently and haven't.

Nearly done.

No comments: